City Development: Senchal

Postby Rattfink333 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:50 pm

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Tue 6 Mar - 14:47
This is the official thread for the development of Senchal. All ideas are welcome as long as they are lore-friendly and possible within reason.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Tue 6 Mar - 15:32
DOUBLE POSTING YAY!!!

My ideas for Senchal:

I would like the harbors alone to be at least a few times larger than the Imperial City's Waterfront in Oblivion. That is to insure that it is the largest southern port town. I believe the Black Keirgo District could be in the southern area near the port. I would like to have random junkies that attack you when you get so close within the district. This would add the realisim of Sugar-dens and junkies hanging out here. The city will sprawl over enough land to be ringed on three sides by the harbor. That doesn't mean it has to be as wide as the Quin'Rawl peninsula though. That would be a good large size, but unnecessary and could possibly could kill fps on systems.

Post by Le Grimacier on Wed 7 Mar - 4:29
Senshal is trying to have a "good reputation" since it became a resort. There should be a "main way" where tourists and merchants don't have to see the Black Keirgo District and parts of the cities that have not yet been reconstructed. With militia saying: "Don't go this way, citizen, it's dangerous!".
And as the greatest port of Tamriel, there should be ships (and pirates!) from the whole Tamriel: classic dunmer ships, nordic drakkars, imperial galleons, ships of magical cristal from Summerset (it's lore correct but I don't remember where I saw it), rafts of living trees from Black Marsh, etc...

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Wed 7 Mar - 6:05
Yes, the black keirgo will be out of the way. In the south of the city.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sat 17 Mar - 13:01
I'm thinking it's imperial style. Imperials would enhance trade and tourism. So it seems logical.

Post by The Khan on Sun 18 Mar - 5:03
Stone buildings with a bit of wood?

Post by Le Grimacier on Sun 18 Mar - 11:43
I don't think Khajiits have allowed men to rebuild the city in imperial style. Instead, I think they have rebuilt the city in their own style to show the glory of the Khajiit civilisation to the rest of the world. I don't think Imperials are going to Senchal to see an imperial city. They probably want some sort of exotism.
Imperial style could be reserved to official buildings like a Census and Excise Office or the East Empire Company.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sun 18 Mar - 11:56
Who said the Imperials rebuilt it? It could have always been Imperial. I'm just saying that wood isn't good for a huge harbor. Some type of stone.

Post by Le Grimacier on Sat 24 Mar - 13:37
Elsweyr is a confederacy. Torval is the capital of Elsweyr but Senchal is the capital of Pellitine. It can't be an imperial city.
I think Souther Khajiits have cities with thick walls to protect them from the forest threats. And so they are living in urban communities. Instead of making individual houses we could make buildings where several families lives. Something like St. Olms in Vivec where you can find appartments.
Something like that:
http://www.alovelyworld.com/webinde/gimage/inde058.jpg

Post by pROvAK on Sat 24 Mar - 14:36
I like your example in the pictures, that would work good, but to be honest, I hated Vivec. It has a very not well thought out layout, and is just weird. But what you are saying is still perfect.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sat 24 Mar - 18:51
I was hoping to do this as well. A multi-tier layout is perfect for the residential area. I was just saying that this city is NOT wood. This is 3rd era Elsweyr so I know it's a confederacy but the trade made me think Imperial. I know Imperial isn't the style. Just a suggestion of what we want. STONE!

Post by The Khan on Sun 25 Mar - 1:22
I like the second one. The stairs would be inside right?

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sun 25 Mar - 1:46
More than likely, yes.

Post by Le Grimacier on Fri 6 Apr - 16:31
Just a little picture to show how I think buildings could be. For those who don't understand what is it, there are three views: the first is the side, the second is the front and the third is the upper view.
http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=7&u=17345544

This is for a common building. I wanted to give the feeling of a dense and urbanized population. Each appartment is the size of a standard house.
Stairs and halls could be in their own interior cell, and linking to each appartment, like the waistworks in Vivec.
But if the mesh is open, we can do halls with view of the outside. The facade can be separated by column and each section could be completed by a wall, a railing, a balcony or nothing. This way, you can make a skywalk between two buildings. All in exterior! You'll just have to add a door on each floor.
We can also make the stairs going to the rooftop. With buildings of different heights we can do a sort of "rooftop city".
We can also do a mix of the two. Open structures for homes and closed ones for inns, taverns and shops.

by Ryu Hayabusa on Sat 7 Apr - 5:06
I rather like the idea of a multi-tiered city. The skywalk exterior idea is genius as we can have a nice visual effect to help with the experience. I like the idea of a multi-level city. With the extra level, the city's slum/residential area can be cut in half. With more levels...BOOM! Smart and realistic space saving. I'd think the richer folks could, if not own a nicer large home, own multiple levels of a building. Your idea on standard 2X3 cells is also great. It simulates the idea that there is a large population and actually delivers it too. Le Grimacier, you have a good brain for this. Smile

Post by pROvAK on Sun 8 Apr - 0:59
I will try to fight lampost meshes, we HAVE to have those!

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sun 8 Apr - 3:32
Yeah, I can make Morrowind themed ones with what came with the game but Elsweyr needs it's own! Hey Grimacier, What do you propose for the harbors?

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sun 8 Apr - 22:45
Oh, we already have skywalks and some of the buildings can be safely stacked. Those are from the DAR though. So dune can have a nice residential area without much work. Senchal has jack squat yet. Poor Senchal.

Post by Le Grimacier on Tue 10 Apr - 11:58
@pROvAK: [ to fight lampost? Laughing ] We'll probably need at least two sorts of lamp. One sticked at the end of a post for the wide streets, gardens and plaza. And another hanging from a building for the narrower streets.
@Ruy Hayabusa: Do you mean you want to use Dune resources for Senchal?

I think the harbor could be a quarter by itself. Something like a large plaza surrounded by warehouses, markets and taverns, with two ways: one, dark and hidden between buildings and leading to the Black Keirgo. The other, clean and rich, leading to the rest of the city. For this way, a building could act as a gateway (like the Gateway of India) and this could be the Census and Excise Office or The East Empire Company Headquarter (or whatever else official). So, when boats come to Senchal, they have to pass by one of this two places to sell their goods in the city.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Tue 10 Apr - 14:55
Well, we could very easily use some dune resources for Senchal. That's not what I meant but I imagine some elements of design are common in most Khajiit architecture. Your vision is exactly what we need. I was thinking this: Black Keirgo is in the very eastern area. Below is an improvised "map" of what I am suggesting.
Periods=regular city
Commas=Black Keirgo
Slashes=Harbor
/////////
........,,,/////////
.........,,,,,,,,,,,, ////////
Paladin of Vaermina
Rattfink333
Outreach Moderator

Re: City Development: Senchal

Postby Rattfink333 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:19 pm

Post by Le Grimacier on Wed 11 Apr - 12:26
I think Black Keirgo will be better on the western side. Boats won't see it when they travel along the Topal Bay. And the main entrance of the city could be on the southern side. And there is the palace too. I think it sould be on the east side so it can be viewed from boats, like it was made to be shown. but it is hard to say without a map showing the cells where the city will be.

We haven't yet discussed about how the Black Keirgo looks like. I would like to see something like a "city in the city" with its own rules, its own economy and its own ruler (maybe a druglord?) And why is it called the Black Keirgo? Because is there no outdoor lights? Because is it blackened with dirt? Because are its streets so narrow they are always in shadow? Will it use standard buildings? So many questions... scratch We could also have a new set of models and make it looks like a shantytown with a few common buildings and shacks.

I'm looking for a color sheme for the cities of Pellitine (excluding Torval). What do you think about a pink granit for common buildings and something red for the palace?

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Wed 11 Apr - 15:59
Black Keirgo could probably just be the old destroyed neighborhoods, "Revamped by the druggies". That'd keep the rest of the city for the commoners and such. Yes, now that you say it, west is smarter for the sea goers. BUT if we decide to say the Black Keirgo IS the busted neighborhoods, then it's likely that it was in the east. The flu started in Black Marsh so regardless, the east will have to be busted. That dang flu! I think your color scheme could work if it seems right for the sub-tropics. Matter of fact, far as I know, it should be almost perfect.

Post by Rattfink333 on Sat 21 Apr - 18:38
the claim piece is thirty cells. i would say the city should be about 14 of those cells. with the black dot about center. gate two cells west. And the cell piece on the SE shore outside the city. dunno. we will need to map it out. And yes, i think the city should be brown stone with off white stucco buildings. We will have to come up with lots of khajiit styled banners, rugs, and tapestries to help with the flavor. Red/browns, green, and turquoise wold probably make good color choices.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sat 21 Apr - 18:58
We have almost all of the things used in the Elsweyr mod for Oblivion here for Morrowind's Elsweyr. Our Elsweyr is largely different than Iliana's though. Especially the forest. Getting started on a map of the area...actually, I can't do it...I'm not skilled in that area...anyone?
@Rattfink333, that would be a large ass town. Good.

Post by Rattfink333 on Sat 21 Apr - 19:21
here is a cs map i put together. looks like we have 24 cells to play with.
http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.ph ... u=15931388

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sat 21 Apr - 20:24
Nice, nice. Now, do you have an idea of what cells would be used for the city? if it was 6 It'd be only twice the size of Balmora. I see 9 or 10 cells that could be used easily.

Post by Rattfink333 on Sat 21 Apr - 20:37
imperial library excerpt;
. The Legionnaire especially loathed Sun’s Height in Senchal , just in general terms of personal proclivities being himself a ... alley in a maze of storehouses and grain magazines of Senchal’s eastern docks. Its clientele is predominately human, working ...
than the catmen themselves. Places of Note: Senchal This infamous city is the largest port in southern Tamriel. Its ... markets ringed on three sides by its crowded harbors. Senchal is a favorite stopping point for pirates and sea captains seeking to ...
I'd say the city will probably be most of the map. will read up on it more. and throw up some ideas.

Post by Rattfink333 on Sat 21 Apr - 21:22
full quote frome the elsweyr confederacy;
Senchal

This infamous city is the largest port in southern Tamriel. Its sprawl covers the easternmost tip of Elsweyr's Quin'rawl peninsula, a motley assortment of bazaars, taverns, merchant quarters, and open-air markets ringed on three sides by its crowded harbors. Senchal is a favorite stopping point for pirates and sea captains seeking to ply illegal or blackmarket goods, it being far easier to smuggle these goods into and out of the Empire by way of the Topal Sea than to use the well-guarded inland highways. Thieves abound here, as do beggars and pathetic khajiit sugar junkies. The traveler is advised to steer clear of Black Keirgo, Senchal's most squalid and dangerous quarter, when visiting the city. Illicit sugar-dens line the streets here, where beastmen and nobility alike wither away in sucrose fevers. All in all, Senchal is the ugliest city outside of Imperial jurisdiction. The air is humid and full of the chimney-smoke caught in the eddies from the surrounding coasts. Much of the city is abandoned or in ruins. In CE560, a strain of the Knahaten Flu blew across the channel from nearby Argonia and quickly infected the city's population. Whole neighborhoods were razed in some mad effort to cleanse Senchal of the Flu and have never been rebuilt. Visitors to the open-air markets can see these charred skylines on the periphery, as black and jagged as the teeth of the nearest sugar junkie, begging for cake.
Hate to say it. but the city is basically ALL that map by description. We can probably cut the road in at the SW corner and use those two cell there for outside the city. And i would like to leave the NW corner cell open as well. But i believe the rest is all city. It's friggin' huge by description.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sat 21 Apr - 21:41
I'd hate to use all of the cells for the city. That'd be a big-ass city for Morrowind and hard for some PC's to handle. It would just be too good to give up though.
ALL IN ALL:
I'm with making it take up most of the map given. Maybe a few good cells left. It'll kill some PC's though. What about you? I'll make a CS concept to show you just how big-ass it would be...I love making cities...

Post by Rattfink333 on Sat 21 Apr - 21:43
It'll kill my poor laptop. But i Won't let that get in the way. Go ahead and rig up the concept.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sat 21 Apr - 21:57
Itll kill mine too.

Post by The Khan on Sun 22 Apr - 5:29
Wait, so is the city going to be 24 cells? or is that including the surrounding area a swell?

Post by Rattfink333 on Sun 22 Apr - 7:41
according to lore the city is huge. It won't take up all the map. but most of the map for sure. We could shrink it some. But it says it takes up most of the peninsula, And has harbors on all three sides. And another ref said the place has sugar plantations all around it too. It feels to me that it is a very large city that feels instead of a faded jewel, more like somewhat polished glass. Dunno, what do y'all think? I've been reading up books at the imperial library. I ain't no authority on it though. If we were to look at that book excerpt above. we could make harbors all around, then leave a open gap of land. Then the city proper. But i think the city would overrun into one harbor at least. Could see one or two sets of docks separated slightly from the city. It would make the pirates more comfortable.

Post by Rattfink333 on Sun 22 Apr - 7:51
another thing, It says the city is thick with thieves. so probably the thieves guild is there. But do you think the khajiit have their own thieves guild, like the commona tong?

Post by pROvAK on Sun 22 Apr - 11:04
It is a theives guild, and it is even called that.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sun 22 Apr - 12:40
It doesn't take up most of the peninsula, it takes up the tip of it. My concept shows how big it would be if it was about 15-20 cells.

Post by SGMonkey on Sun 22 Apr - 13:29
If you ask me 20 cells is wayy too much. Say you only had 10 houses per cell thats 200 houses, and those cells would be pretty bare. Personally about 10-12 cells would be fine.
Its the biggest PORT town in SOUTHERN Tamriel, not the biggest town in Nirn.
Blue line is the waters edge. roughly. Green is where I think the city should occupy.
PSD here if you wanna make something fancy with it maybe.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22925394/ELS/Qu ... erview.psd

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sun 22 Apr - 14:31
That's how much my concept uses.

Post by Rattfink333 on Sun 22 Apr - 17:51
I had a thought while at work. We could make the city crescent shaped. It would meet all the lore parameters. And go slightly easier on our PC's

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sun 22 Apr - 18:22
True, but the black keirgo will have to occupy a corner. Nice idea.
Paladin of Vaermina
Rattfink333
Outreach Moderator

Postby Rattfink333 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:29 pm

Post by Rattfink333 on Sun 22 Apr - 18:56
no, dead center on the hill. does not need to be a perfect crescent
http://i43.servimg.com/u/f43/15/93/13/88/quick_10.jpg

Post by SGMonkey on Sun 22 Apr - 19:50
Looks good to me Rattfink. Im still not 100% sure on the size yet. In my plans so far Daggerfall in High Rock currently only takes up just over 4 cells, although, i am thinking of making it bigger, one of the main cities after all.
Got plans for over 200 buildings...

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sun 22 Apr - 19:55
Uh, why would the black keirgo be dead center? Its a terrible run down area that's just...terrible.

Post by Rattfink333 on Sun 22 Apr - 20:25
well the lifeblood of the city is at the docks. and that black area is actually the outskirts of town. and the excerpt from the book above says you can see the skyline of black keirgo from any bazaar. so i kinda figured the outside center, which is uphill. then you could run the forest down to the edge. and give smugglers and other baddies a sneaky way out of town.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sun 22 Apr - 20:51
True. The architecture i am using for the concept isn't THE architecture to be used in senchal more than likely as it has those golden topped towers. Do we want those in Senchal??? And the walls are incredibly high causing a skyline to be invisible.

The architecture is nice and clean cut made of neat stone. Exactly what we need for Senchal. But a couple of the colors are off of Grim's good color scheme. Therefore it is just to show the size of the city. Even though I said that twenty times, I just wanted to go in depth as in why. (Though if it turns out that it really fits Senchal, we could use a few things from the set.)

Post by Rattfink333 on Sun 22 Apr - 21:00
Probably not gold topped towers, Every thief in the city would be on those roofs to help relieve the owners of the concern of all that weighty gold bringing down the roof on them and since that would be horrible. they are just being civic minded citizens, right? In a way i was wondering if senchal would be a walled city. Dunno, your gonna wall it first out?

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sun 22 Apr - 21:15
Yes, the concept has walls. The gold topped towers are only in the city walls to keep a nice variation. And to help with height changes. Though, so seriously, we don't want those gold topped towers right? I'll post a pic so you can see...

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=8&u=17377818

See? may or may not want this in Senchal but it can definitely work for at least one city.

Post by Rattfink333 on Sun 22 Apr - 21:24
i can see using variations of that for more than one city. nice! I'd like to hear from the rest of the crew, too. right now it's just you me and sgm throwing stuff around.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sun 22 Apr - 21:33
I'm wondering whats good for Senchal...

Post by pROvAK on Sun 22 Apr - 23:37
I'm thinking the same thing. Gold topped towers would be pretty lame on EVERY town and city, variations would give a much bigger feeling of authenticity. And Hayabusa, the site needs a logo! You need to get it up because I cannot color in the backround to the site color! I no have photoshop!

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Mon 23 Apr - 0:14
I'm asking what we want for senchal. I'll get the logo up soon.

Post by The Khan on Mon 23 Apr - 1:06
So, what animal will represent Senchal? As in a city emblem or something like that, I'm sure I can very easily make a texture for a banner.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Mon 23 Apr - 1:10
I have no clue what it would be.

Post by The Khan on Mon 23 Apr - 1:50
Grim will know what it would be, he's a lore-monger. Wink

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Mon 23 Apr - 1:59
True, maybe he would be head of lore one day. Anyway, maybe he knows.

Post by The Khan on Mon 23 Apr - 2:01
It's likely, he has helped with our lore troubles a lot and sticks around a fare bit. Suggest it to him sometime.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Mon 23 Apr - 2:03
He'll likely see this and say something. I bet he'll decline being all modest. Razz

Post by The Khan on Mon 23 Apr - 2:09
Razz Or accept being all modest. But anyway, I think it might be a yellow sun on a red background, or something of the sorts anyway.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Mon 23 Apr - 2:12
I just want suggestions for the architecture. :(

Post by The Khan on Mon 23 Apr - 2:26
OK, if you mean Architecture than I don't know but I found this during my search for the emblem.

Anywhere but Elsweyr:
The Mershead is found (typically by mistake) at the end of a blind alley in a maze of storehouses and grain magazines of Senchal’s eastern docks.

A little bit about the layout. Hope it helps a bit. On the Architecture though, I think it should be Wood with a bit of stone here and there, almost Imperial but not quite.
Paladin of Vaermina
Rattfink333
Outreach Moderator

Postby Rattfink333 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:51 pm

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Mon 23 Apr - 2:34
Like the pic above but less gold?

Post by The Khan on Mon 23 Apr - 3:06
Yes and with less bright colors, the city is partly run down isn't it? So the walls wouldn't look perfectly new. Maybe some patches in the wall where stone is showing? I don't know.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Mon 23 Apr - 3:12
Senchal is trying to get good rep. I doubt it looks run down

Post by The Khan on Mon 23 Apr - 3:37
Exactly, "trying", doesn't mean that they are and I think the walls would be the least important bit to pretty up. The inside is what most people judge a city on. The food, the sights, the community and the people and how they treat the tourists.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Mon 23 Apr - 3:43
The first impression? It is now a resort town. Its gonna be neat.

Post by The Khan on Mon 23 Apr - 3:52
OK, but what about the docks? They can't be too clean. It's realistically impossible. (Just casting ideas out (brainstorming))

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Mon 23 Apr - 3:53
They arent broken. Thats for sure. Dirty maybe.

Post by The Khan on Mon 23 Apr - 4:18
And the boats. There would be Pirates and Traders and such around so some of the ships would look a bit shabby.

Post by Rattfink333 on Mon 23 Apr - 18:01
I kinda feel that senchal wouldn't have a good wall. a broken one and overrun by the city maybe. But not a whole and hale one. possibly not one at all. The palace would suit that style you have shown, maybe put it on the SE corner of the peninsula. we will need a bunch of burned out and broken buildings for black kiergo. I kinda think the rest of the town would be fifty footish. meaning it looks nice from 50ft, but more rundownish up close.

Post by Rattfink333 on Mon 23 Apr - 18:05
second thought. the touristy part can be all cleaned up, but the rest is still older.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Mon 23 Apr - 19:16
We want a nice residential area with skywalks in whichever city we use the architecture I showed. Senchal would be good with the same kind of plan. To cut down on space.

Post by Le Grimacier on Sat 28 Apr - 12:30
For the maximum size of our cities, we should ask to P:C how big will be the Imperial City. I think it's the biggest city in Tamriel.

There is over 760 years that Senchal was destroyed by the Knahaten Flu! The whole city isn't new. Khajiits aren't so lazy! Laughing The Black Keirgo is the only place in the city that wasn't rebuild since this time. Even if the city became a resort, some parts of the "touristic area" could be old and dirt.
Only richest quarters need to be clean.

From Pocket Guide to the Empire 1rst Edition
"Its sprawl covers the easternmost tip of Elsweyr's Quin'rawl peninsula, a motley assortment of bazaars, taverns, merchant quarters, and open-air markets ringed on three sides by its crowded harbors."

Doesn't the open-air market that could have harbor on three sides, and not the whole city?

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sat 28 Apr - 13:21
I don't think we should be limited by P:C. SHotN isn't worrying about Red Mountain with the Throat of the World. Your input has been needed for so long grim, thanks for stopping by. I believe y'all are right. We need to worry about the architecture of the city. We literally have pretty much nothing for this town. I think the whole town is ringed by harbors. That sentence contains a list of things that are ringed by harbors therefore, and according to the land we have, the whole city is ringed on three sides by harbors.

Post by Rattfink333 on Sat 28 Apr - 17:58
Start with the harbors then. The city will pretty much build itself around them. probably can get by with retexing imperial dock pieces and use the extension resource of that set on PES as well.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sat 28 Apr - 18:29
Link me to it. I cant really navigate PES anymore.

Post by Rattfink333 on Sat 28 Apr - 19:40
here
http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/V ... il&id=7353

Post by The Khan on Sun 29 Apr - 4:59
I showed that to P:C but they turned it down. I think we could really use this.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sun 29 Apr - 13:21
For real. Retexes would really help get the dock pieces we need.

Post by Le Grimacier on Wed 2 May - 4:21
Concept art could be really usefull. Choosing and making models will be easier if we have an idea of what the city looks like.

Edit: From Bethesda point of view, the map is not to scale. Developpers themselves said the "true" Tamriel should be a lot bigger. That means Senchal can't occupe the whole coast of the peninsula or the "true" city will be hundreds or thousands of kilometers long! Shocked On the TIL, except the map used by SGMonkey, all maps show Senchal occupying the northern coast of the east of the peninsula. Even the map made by our friend The Old Ye Bard! Wink
And I think it's a little too much for a start. That will probably make Senchal the biggest city ever made! And with all clutters, buildings, pathgriding and NPCs, it will be hard to render on any PC. It's better to have many little quarters that are diversified and detailled instead of large areas that are boring and that look alike.

Post by Rattfink333 on Tue 8 May - 20:38
i think we already pared it down to about twice the size of balmora. It'll be large, but not huge. I've already seen a couple of cities bigger than that.
Paladin of Vaermina
Rattfink333
Outreach Moderator

Postby Rattfink333 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:02 pm

Post by SGMonkey on Tue 8 May - 22:17
Ryu Hayabusa wrote:I don't think we should be limited by P:C. SHotN isn't worrying about Red Mountain with the Throat of the World.

It's not really a case of being limited by P:C, and comparing Red Mountain with the Throat of the World is a little different to comparing Senchal to The Imperial City. I think you should seriously consider taking into account the size of cities in the other province mods.

If Senchal turns out to be bigger than the Imperial City then you've done something wrong.

The Khan wrote:I showed that to P:C but they turned it down. I think we could really use this.

Personally I think that's a pretty shitty idea. P:C turned it down because they want to make their mod look unique. Not like a mod for Oblivion where you just re-use vanilla objects in a different place where the ground is just a crappy sand texture and there are loads of Khajiits stood around and then slap on the name "Elsweyr"...

For the amount of unique content you guys will need for the entire province I think you can afford nay must take the time to learn to model your own. Your going to need to model a fair few sets of objects and if you don't have a hand full of half decent modellers your just going to get into the habit of using 10 year old retexes and resources of drastically varying quality and the mod will end up looking shite.

SHOTN started out using vanilla retexes and its taken them a long time to go around replacing them after a while because they didn't look good in the slightest. You may not like the idea, but not using retexed and resources is the way to go.

Post by The Khan on Wed 9 May - 6:19
Ah, I see. I really understand now (No sarcasm at all). I see what you mean.

Post by Le Grimacier on Wed 9 May - 8:47
I'm agree with SGMonkey. I don't like using retextured models too. We need to take our time to make our own models.

Post by pROvAK on Wed 9 May - 8:54
You are definitely right, but morrowind modelers are pretty scarce these days...you are our best modeler here Grim.

Post by The Khan on Wed 9 May - 15:54
And you should be proud of it. Smile

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Thu 10 May - 0:43
SGM always makes the good point. I never wanted retexes either but placeholders could help get progress along. Our current files are pretty much just placeholders. A reason an update on them hasnt come is because this is a bigass update that will remove a few faulty meshes and add a few more plants. Few meaning enough to take time. RL is kicking my ass.

Post by The Khan on Thu 10 May - 0:55
LOL, isn't it doing that to all of us? Razz

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Thu 10 May - 0:59
Yes. And I have to do everything from my android for now. So no awesome content from me! Topic has been killed. Revive it!

Post by SGMonkey on Sun 13 May - 0:57
Awesome content...........?

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sun 13 May - 1:57
Meh, just a joke. Data file updates. Sifting through to remove useless files.

Post by Rattfink333 on Sun 13 May - 9:48
do you have a file on what you have done to senchal so far. If not i'll give it a go. I know we don't have the final meshes. but i could start knocking an alpha together. Right now i am just doing interiors for P.C., And have no current claims at shotn.

Post by pROvAK on Wed 16 May - 13:19
Some of the interior meshes can be used still, which means anyone who wants to show their ideas for Senchal, or anywhere else can. I know I will be doing that tonight...

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sat 2 Jun - 5:37
OMFG! Okay, we need to get this straight. We have to figure out if we just want to slightly modify what we have to make senchal, or if we want completely new Meshes for it. We also need clutter and crap. We have like...a small bit of it. But anyways, ARCHITECTURE?

Post by Le Grimacier on Sun 3 Jun - 11:15
New meshes! I've tried to do something in Blender but I've just got something blocky and non original. Mad I can't have enough inspiration.

Post by Rattfink333 on Sun 3 Jun - 11:49
Try starting with dock pieces. I was thinking rough sawed sandstone. Wore on the top from traffic, With all the coral type stuff growing all over it below the waterline. With fire baskets like from kingdom of heaven spaced out on the edges for light.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sun 3 Jun - 17:47
Le Grimacier wrote:New meshes! I've tried to do something in Blender but I've just got something blocky and non original. Mad I can't have enough inspiration.
Good. That's settled. Dock pieces would be a good start. We can make the harbor first then build the city around it.

Post by pROvAK on Mon 4 Jun - 14:02
Do we have dock meshes? Or will we use the vanilla models? Retexes can work i guess.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Mon 4 Jun - 17:09
pROvAK wrote:Do we have dock meshes? Or will we use the vanilla models? Retexes can work i guess.
No, I think Grim and I would rather have new ones. No vanilla pieces really fit.

Post by pROvAK on Tue 5 Jun - 13:59
Then we should kick those modelers into action and get us all off our lazy butts. We have all become so much inactive...
Paladin of Vaermina
Rattfink333
Outreach Moderator

Postby Rattfink333 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:13 pm

Post by The Khan on Wed 6 Jun - 7:14
Sad I know. And no with Sacred East released we will be Morrowind playing crazy!

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Fri 8 Jun - 12:19
Oh well. Sacred East can wait for me.

Post by The Khan on Fri 8 Jun - 20:47
O.o BLASPHEMY!!!

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sat 9 Jun - 14:27
I already played it enough as is. How about the topic at hand? Why don't we get some ideas and concepts out there in the concept section so we can at least have a good visual base for future models? Sound good?

Post by The Khan on Sat 9 Jun - 18:54
Yup, good idea.

Post by Le Grimacier on Tue 12 Jun - 4:02
For using placeholders for exterior, we should at least define the size of final buildings to have the general shape of the city.
And did someone made a layout for the city?

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Wed 13 Jun - 10:14
I guess...I guess I will try and make the mock up I intended to do. It only uses current models that we have, but it should at least give a good layout for the city.

Post by Le Grimacier on Sun 29 Jul - 10:37
I've made some models. It's just standard buildings but I'm pretty happy with the style and the textures. I chose pink color instead of orange because I think it could fit better a jungle environment. (And orange/brown is too morrowind-ish Very Happy I wanted exotism! ) It gives a nice feeling in game that is ideal for a resort.
Let me know what do you think.
http://i44.servimg.com/u/f44/17/34/55/4 ... swey10.jpg
The buildings are pratically the same but you have to put the one with a long balcony higher so it looks bigger in game. The arches could be used to put urns or other containers or you could place a door and have a underground entrance. The window is slightly illuminated so it shines at night.
If you have ideas about variations of this buildings, don't hesitate to share them!

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sun 29 Jul - 18:34
I am very pleased! I thought my eyes deceived me when I saw that you had models to share! These look perfect for Senchal.

I must say, these buildings can be used in a very dynamic manner. You could have sky-walks like we discussed connecting the buildings to make a sort of rich family's dwelling, or a business/home dual-property, OR even an apartment complex.

As far as variations go, I can think of a few useful ones. Of course we could have a taller variant with two above-ground levels. Then you could have a variant with only one balcony. Then maybe a less luxurious version with little to no roof over the front deck. I could even see a version that is fashioned into a 90-degree angle to fit in interior and exterior corners, if you understand my meaning.

Post by Rattfink333 on Tue 31 Jul - 20:46
That stuff looks perfect! As far as suggestables. some stand alone fence pieces like on the balcony edge for exterior and interior work would be great!

Post by pROvAK on Wed 1 Aug - 10:16
Wow, Grim, I'm amazed! That looks exactly as I pictured Senchal.

Post by Le Grimacier on Wed 1 Aug - 11:52
Thanks everyone, I'm glad you like it.
If I make a second floor, should I leave the openings empty, so you can fill them by other statics (for example, you could connect two building with a skywalk) or should I make a new model for each variation?

Post by pROvAK on Wed 1 Aug - 12:30
I think leaving them empty would do the job well enough. But if you wanted to make a new model, same thing.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Thu 2 Aug - 16:53
Now, my idea I mentioned. If we run into size/framerate problems with Senchal, we can make some districts into Interiors Acting as Exteriors. That way, we can put a few "LOD" buildings into the surrounding areas to mimic the illusion of actually being outside still. This is just a quick solution I thought of to help with these common problems.

Post by pROvAK on Thu 2 Aug - 18:14
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by LOD buildings. I know what it is, but in an interior...?

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Thu 2 Aug - 19:35
Say we have tall buildings in the next district over, well, if they are not visible from across the wall, that hurts immersion. By "LOD" I mean fakes or props.

Post by pROvAK on Fri 3 Aug - 1:14
Oh, I get what you mean. I thought for a sec you were refering to MGE.

Post by Le Grimacier on Fri 3 Aug - 11:13
I have an idea to fit the description. Black Keirgo could be the core of the city and built like a favela. I could use my models as base and add structures as if they was built on top over the years. As if the city has grown anarchically. It could easily give the feeling of a dirty maze. That also could explain why it was not burn with the rest of the city: only the extern part have been affected by the fire to prevent the city to be contaminated by the virus (it was litterally a firewall Very Happy ). But that make the Black Keirgo will be the main part of the city.
Look at this video to look what I mean. Forget the modern materials, I just speak about general structure and how houses are built on multiples floors.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fulkMOXKYcU

The other quarters will be build around the Black Keirgo and will be clean and welcoming. It's the parts which has been recently renovated. It could be a wall separating the different areas from the Black Keirgo too. Tourists can travel everywhere in the city around the Black Keirgo through the differents quarters without going in this dirty and dangerous place.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Fri 3 Aug - 19:27
That would be nice. That actually seems like a great Idea.

And here is my idea that would negate the need for an actual hill.
http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.ph ... u=17377818
http://i37.servimg.com/u/f37/17/37/78/18/side_v10.jpg

As you can see, this is one of many ways we can provide access to higher levels in the Black Kiergo District without needing stairs all over the place.

Post by Le Grimacier on Sun 5 Aug - 12:40
It's the idea. But I think we should also use different buildings to make the different floors and not use only 3-floors buildings because the Black Keirgo will be geometric and it will be boring (I understand the pic is just a concept). In certain part, there will be only the 2nd floor, in others only the 3rd. And the ground shouldn't be flat everywhere. It's true there is no need for a hill but the player should be able to access the 2nd floor or the 3rd in certain place from the ground. And I love the idea too where you have to pass through a house to access certain parts.
Paladin of Vaermina
Rattfink333
Outreach Moderator

Postby Rattfink333 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:24 pm

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sun 5 Aug - 18:36
Well, what I meant was that this can be in some places. Like the description said, sometimes homes are highways. And I just didn't want to have one huge hill. There can be a few hills to provide access, but we don't have enough space to make a true Favela. That's all I was trying to remedy.

Post by Le Grimacier on Wed 8 Aug - 15:13
Should I make all houses of the Black Keirgo look like the regular architecture to give a "permanent building" look to the city (even if we add dirt and clutter after) or should I make some parts with wood and clothes to make them look like shacks built on top of other buildings?
The first option give the feeling of Khajiits building their houses anarchically but of a true city, the second give the feeling of a slum where Khajiits temporary crowd before building their house somewhere else. With what we know of the history of Senchal, the two are possible.

Should I make each floor at least ready for a 2x3 interior cells or could I make 2x2 cells for the top levels?

Post by Rattfink333 on Wed 8 Aug - 19:42
2x3 then we can fit stairs. I'd like to see dilapidated buildings and shacks to go with it. It'll set the well to do sections visibly apart.

Post by Rattfink333 on Wed 8 Aug - 19:46
as far as making it look favela like we could put shacks on top of larger building and then put boards across to other buildings. giving the streets a tunnel feel. and make it look like a shanty town above. or we could have something like the kowloon walled city if you like that idea

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Thu 9 Aug - 6:22
I would figure that before the Knahaten flu, the city would have had a bit of order to it. Then people started building on to the old city with what they could muster. I'd think the bottom could look permanent, but the top buildings could be sad makeshift homes.

Post by Le Grimacier on Thu 9 Aug - 14:59
The Black Keirgo was a mess long before the Knahaten Flu. Baar Dan, cunning God of the Khajiits is born there during the 2nd Era. The quarter already have a reputation of a dangerous place and has remained largely intact after the fire of Senchal. It wouldn't be surprising that it's the peoples of the Black Keirgo who have lit themselves the fire.

Making it with too much shacks will make him like a place for poor peoples. But Khajiits don't understand the concept of wealth. You probably could find rich khajiits in the Black Keirgo. It's the imperial vision that make it like a slum. I figure the city is more "they built where they wanted" than "they built where they could". Maybe I could make shacks for the parts of the city which defy gravity as those spanning the streets or those hung on the wall of houses. Wood ways and rope bridges could have been made after to make easier the travel across the city. So the buildings will principally made with the regular architecture and you'll be able to add wood structures to them. What do you think?

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Thu 9 Aug - 23:49
Sounds good.

Post by The Khan on Fri 10 Aug - 2:22
Sounds awesomely fun to explore! (Hi guys!)

Post by pROvAK on Fri 10 Aug - 9:40
I think it will work well. And hey Khan.

Post by The Khan on Fri 10 Aug - 22:38
LOL, I remember when I used to have more posts than you. Razz I've got an idea. We should have lots of alleyways with back entrances to the places. How's that?

Post by pROvAK on Sat 11 Aug - 20:43
Then I took activity to the knee. And I think that seems pretty logical,especially in Senchal. Some other cities, such as Orcrest, I dont think it would fit as much.

Post by Le Grimacier on Tue 14 Aug - 11:20

The Khan wrote:I've got an idea. We should have lots of alleyways with back entrances to the places. How's that?

It's very doable. I plan to make entrances with a separate mesh so you could place them where you want. You'll just have to take care you can make the corresponding interior.
If the player makes a faction mad about him, he can be easily escape. It's the perfect idea for sneaking players! With all this doors, he could move freely in the city but he could also get easily lost. It would be very fun especially at night!
We could make some areas you can only access (excepting by levitation or magic jump) by finding one of this specific backdoors and passing through the house, or the inverse. It could be a mean to access floors, house and ways that you can't reach otherwise. You could find here a special trader or put it an unique item as reward.
And I can already see all the quests where you have to find someone specific in the city Twisted Evil

Post by The Khan on Wed 15 Aug - 2:39
Or balconies to rooms that are locked on the other side for people who play more like a mage than a thief.

Post by Le Grimacier on Mon 20 Aug - 15:09
I'm still working on the architecture set. This is a 3-floors building with a roof access. It could be used as an inn or a residential building. And a new window too.
http://i34.servimg.com/u/f34/17/34/55/4 ... swey10.jpg
But be carefull when you'll be on the roof. You can't fall by just walking but you can easily jump the rail. Wink It will be usefull to connect it with other structures.
The only problem will be the pathgriding in the stair. It's just a little hard to set but not impossible.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Mon 20 Aug - 20:13
Nice, Grim. Looks very nice.

Post by The Khan on Tue 21 Aug - 4:43
Why have you been talking in light blue and bold lately?

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sun 26 Aug - 0:51
I am using italics, bold, and Cyan because it's my personal font on another site I am active on. I decided to use it here as well.

Post by pROvAK on Sun 26 Aug - 16:48
Now you sound...er...look like you have a deep voice. XD

Post by Rattfink333 on Sun 26 Aug - 20:31
modding in technicolor. mwah ha ha ha

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Mon 27 Aug - 17:35
Good, I do have a deep voice.
Paladin of Vaermina
Rattfink333
Outreach Moderator

Postby Rattfink333 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:31 pm

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Wed 5 Sep - 21:03
Okay, so with the, uh...Lunar idea, what do you think would be going on with Senchal, now?

Post by Le Grimacier on Thu 6 Sep - 12:10
The buildings could remain unchanged. I didn't planned that the pink tone I used for buildings will fit with this idea. Surprised What we said about architecture is still valuable. The look is inspired by the lore and what we have decided to be the "Khajiit way of mind" and nothing has changed with the Lunar Elsweyr.

I think the lunar aspect is more in the environment. It's as if Khajiits have built the city on the moon. Now we have to find how to make ground, flora and rocks to look like lunar.

Post by pROvAK on Thu 6 Sep - 19:24
One small question, that I feel stupid asking. Is Elsweyr really lunar? Or does it just look that way? I haven't had the time to read up on the lore so I'm a little lost on some things.

Post by Le Grimacier on Fri 7 Sep - 10:38
Is Elsweyr really on the moons? Is Elsweyr a part of the moons dropped on Nirn? Is that something to do about quantic physic, making Elsweyr and the moons occupying the same places at the same time? Is it all an hallucination caused by the moon-sugar? Is it all a lie created by the Mane? We don't know too and that's why it's interesting. That makes the land itself is a mystery. cyclops
And I think we should let the answer open (at least for the player). Mystery has something attractive and fascinating...

Post by pROvAK on Wed 12 Sep - 10:35
I like that. The feeling of not knowing. Since this will be the first Elsweyr mod for any TES, people won't know a thing, unless their lore junkies like some of us round' here. But I find that sense of Alien intruiging. Very creepy, and tedious.

Post by Le Grimacier on Sat 13 Oct - 15:15
I've found some nice models of palm trees. I retextured them to match the lunar landscape concept. This is what it's look like:
http://i34.servimg.com/u/f34/17/34/55/4 ... e_sc11.jpg
The blue flag in front of the house is just a concept. We don't even know if Khajiit use daedric! I just wanted to find a cool and original shape for Khajiits signs but I found signs (and Pellitine culture in general) should be colored to contrast with the monochromatic effect of the buildings and the land.
And why not make dyes as alchemical ingredients? Think about market places full of colored clothes and items...

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sat 13 Oct - 20:02
That looks nice; I like those palms and the color. Those models just HAVE to be usable. Perhaps we could have different colored plants? Perhaps certain areas are seemingly normal and some are...alien? Perhaps they are random?

I like the idea of normal and alien regions. Imagine a region called "The Crimson Coast" where most plants are red, or a similar region full of wildly colored plants.

I have one suggestion for colored plants, though. Bright and vivid colors are likely...bad. Darker colors like those palms look great.

I also like your idea for dyes as alchemical ingredients. Perhaps there would be a device you could use to combine plain clothes with certain dyes to make colored clothes? Or even combinations? Or perhaps dyes are just for extra immersion. You could, instead, just pay tailors for certain combos.

Post by Rattfink333 on Sun 14 Oct - 19:08
if we can use to palm trees. Let's do it. They look cool. And somehow right.

Post by Le Grimacier on Tue 16 Oct - 11:45
@Ryu: Embarassed When I said I would like to see bright colors, I didn't thought about flora but about khajiits clothes and items. Except for flowers, I think bright colors should be use with caution. And if the player can't see at least a little bit of green, it will be probably very confused. With the Lunar landscape concept, mostly regions in Pellitine will be mainly red. But in this particular case, because it's from the Khajiit point of view, this is the "normal" regions that will be "alien". You could imagine that when a land become a part of the Elsweyr territory, the Mane uses his powers to reshape the land as described in PGE 2nd Edition. If you want to do something really "wild", you could do it around the Hall of Collossus. It is said that the land is tainted by magic. But remember that the Tenmar Forest isn't Pandora and strange flora should be reserved to Valenwood.

Dyes could also just be misc items. So it will be just for immersion and we won't have to care about alchemical properties. I like the idea of a quest where you have to bring some dyes to a tailor so he can sell you special colored clothes, like you can do with the armors in Tribunal and Bloodmoon. Khajiits don't like armors so it could be logical to obtain clothes instead.

The palm trees are nearly to be usable. I want to redo collisions so you can climb on the trunk of the bended ones and I just have to fix some clipping problem with the leaves (which won't have collision). I've found some other cool plants that I'm converting too.

Post by Rattfink333 on Tue 16 Oct - 17:09
A japanese maple tree would be good too. The dark purple leaves would complement the palms.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Thu 18 Oct - 16:03
I understand strange and...alive flora should be Valenwood only, but Elsweyr is bordering the same area. Heck, they are in the same tropic zone. I just figured a few surreal things here and there. Nothing truly wild like giant plants that attack. Valenwood would be generally more tainted by magic than Elsweyr anyway.

I figure the area around the Halls of Colossus could be really strange as well. Perhaps the area pertains a strange magical glow at night? MGEXE wouldn't show this at a distance but it could be cool nonetheless.

EDIT: Actually, the glow could be put in distant land like in Fallout NV. The distant glow from New Vegas is actually a transparent distant mesh that disappears as you near it. There could be a distant land plugin to include for generation that is excluded from actual play. It could be a separate download to have for distant glow on cities and the Halls of Colossus. Just for looks.

Post by Le Grimacier on Tue 23 Oct - 15:26
The border with Valenwood is a special place that is under the influence of none of them. It's a constant battlefield with just common trees. Khajiits are cutting trees that Bosmers are planting. Neither of the two can reshape the land. There is a fragile balance where actions from one are compensated by actions from the other. When one is overdoing, a war starts and at its end, the new border is fixed.

For the distant light, PirateLord did something for Morrowind. He used low-poly meshes and a text file for the override list of MGE XE.
We'll have soon to make a separate section for mods for our own mod! Laughing

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Thu 25 Oct - 1:53
*Confusion* Okay, lets just say some colored flora? Nothing crazy? Very Happy

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Fri 30 Nov - 21:14
Double post a month later, but how about some mapping out? Why don't we try and discuss the layout of the city and such? Districts, roads, and landmarks? I'd like for the city to be full of lore and beauty. Even if we have to invent some ourselves. Eh? Let's us non-modelers do stuff while poor Grim carries the weight of all the current hard work on his back. Troll

Post by The Khan on Mon 10 Dec - 13:39
About the Lunar thing. Not all of Elsweyr should be all colourful and stuff. Just maybe a patch here and there. Otherwise there'll be a lot of people (People who don't read lore often) criticizing it and giving it bad ratings... just a thought.

Post by Le Grimacier on Sat 15 Dec - 12:03
Don't worry, the Lunar Landscape concept will be explained in game. Borders will look more like a regular landscape because we have to make them blend with other provinces but the main part of Elsweyr will be "all colorful and stuff". It will be more interesting for players to explore an alien world than a common world. And when it comes to Khajiits, most players are waiting for something... special. cyclops
And you don't want it to be confused with Valenwood, Cyrodiil or Hammerfell, do you?

We do it because it's fun, not because we want good ratings! cheers

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Mon 17 Dec - 23:23
Lunar Elsweyr was surveyed to be a better idea for specific quests instead of the whole province anyway. Lunar Elsweyr will not be the first thing you see when you explore the land. No worries.

Post by Rattfink333 on Mon 24 Dec - 23:17
the walls of senchal
http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx21 ... aaf28b.jpg
retexed them using grims textures to match. And used the modified tower without the dome. (the walls of senchal is a link) It's a cs shot.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Tue 25 Dec - 6:09
Haha, now that's a neat retex.

Post by Rattfink333 on Tue 25 Dec - 8:02
the meshes
link removed
Paladin of Vaermina
Rattfink333
Outreach Moderator

Postby Rattfink333 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:43 pm

Post by Rattfink333 on Tue 25 Dec - 11:24
I think we need an arena. I am going to look a MJY's resources. But his stuff is rough. I may use it as a placemarker if I can get it to look good enough. At least till grim can make one. And I am working on an exterior for Senchal to get used to using the CS on this new pc of mine. Gonna carve it out of the NE third of the penninsula. Ryu, did you ever find a good moonsugar plant mesh?

Post by Rattfink333 on Tue 25 Dec - 12:07
Also, I just ripped the buttress piece out of the wall. So i can snake the walls a whole lot more. Could you look at simplifying the wall meshes grim?. They have a whole bunch of extra vertices inside them..
edit, and i was right. the mjy colliseum REALLY sucks, But it'll be ok for a temp placeholder. At least long enough to see if an arena will work out.

Post by Rattfink333 on Tue 25 Dec - 19:03
images removed

Post by Le Grimacier on Wed 26 Dec - 11:24
I've been ninja'd! Shocked
I'm just working on making walls and towers too and tweaking some meshes.
There will be conflict! Laughing
Anyway, you'll choose when it will be done.

Post by Rattfink333 on Fri 28 Dec - 22:22
More progress, And i consider this an alpha. Nothing is fixed. With new models it will change again, and again.

The palace at the center back is several of your meshes put together grim. Will soon start retexturing some rocks with your rock texture so i can break up the landscape painting.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sat 29 Dec - 8:03
Alright, that layout is beautiful. That is all. I'm still looking for a great moonsugar mesh.

Post by Rattfink333 on Sun 30 Dec - 21:52
current esp and meshes. new rock meshes retexed from ai and gl vanilla rocks. take a look. senchal will very easily be as big as kathwarsten over at shotn.
link removed

Post by Rattfink333 on Sun 30 Dec - 22:04
Which also means if y'all feel froggy. This could be dished out in claim sections. We will need some more stuff. Good trees, cloth stalls, chimneys, lights, And more underbrush come to mind.

Post by Rattfink333 on Mon 31 Dec - 18:51
I am collecting resources together that we can use. dongle's water pack. melchoir darks trees, wanderer's dock clutter, some of st. juib's stuff. And others as i find them in the recesses of my hard drive. Anything you can think of out there is probably somehting i got......somehwere. Will throw out packs for the city as i get them set up. Grim if you want to make leave and bark textures for the trees. let me know, otherwise i can do it. I am decent with gimp.

Post by Rattfink333 on Tue 1 Jan - 17:38
starting to look like a city.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Thu 3 Jan - 8:49
Cloth stalls eh? I know Grim's cloth coverings on some of his buildings look great. I bet he can blow your face off with a single stall. XD

Post by Rattfink333 on Sun 17 Mar - 17:26
http://i71.servimg.com/u/f71/15/93/13/88/screen10.jpg
Small update. Moved arena inside city. Put lake for carvansary where is was. brought ocean floor levels up. Will probably cut off the left part of the city in pic. And put in an imperail fort for the city garrison.

Post by pROvAK on Sun 17 Mar - 18:23
Looking good. I like the way things are set up, nice job.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Mon 18 Mar - 13:10
A nice big +1 for ya, Rattfink.

Post by Le Grimacier on Mon 18 Mar - 13:22
Maybe it's a little early to start to mod because the set is far from finished. It's better to use it to find ideas of how to put the meshes. I want to make some new houses for the Black Keirgo and there is also the palace. And I'm not sure about the shape of the Arena.
The docks meshes was designed with this idea in mind:
http://www.varanasicityonline.com/image ... i-ghat.jpg

Put them with a altitude near 200 and the little boats will be accessible by the stairs and the bigger ships by the dock ramps.
For the Black Keirgo, I think about a city build on multiple levels.
http://www.worldofleveldesign.com/categ ... ums-17.jpg

Not as dirty as a slum but with narrow streets and catwalks (!) to give a feeling of randomness.
http://www.worldofleveldesign.com/categ ... ums-05.jpg

Post by Rattfink333 on Mon 18 Mar - 17:28
I have not done anything in the kiergo yet. It's the open area upper center with the bit of hook shaped road. I know everything is going to change as the set gets more pieces. That's why i have not changed out all the city walls yet, or gone into detailing. The arena will be ok. I'll get a pic up later with what I did with it so far.

Post by Rattfink333 on Mon 18 Mar - 20:38
http://i71.servimg.com/u/f71/15/93/13/88/screen12.jpg
rough idea. when we get banners and flags done for it and get it lit up and detailed it will be a splendid monument to glorious barbarism.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Wed 20 Mar - 11:15
Can't you just imagine those few souls vending against that arena wall? Their stalls, the customers, and my disinterest as I walk into the combatant's quarters. Laughing
Almost forgot, Grim, keep your idea for Black Keirgo in mind, I like it a lot.

Post by Rattfink333 on Thu 4 Apr - 15:03
Have an imperial fort outside of senchal on the coast with it's own dock. Off of the southern gates. Anybody got a good name for it?

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sun 7 Apr - 20:42
Ryu is bad with names.
Paladin of Vaermina
Rattfink333
Outreach Moderator

Postby Rattfink333 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:47 pm

Post by Le Grimacier on Mon 8 Apr - 15:46
Fort Rainmoth

Post by Rattfink333 on Mon 8 Apr - 16:37
Sounds good, I'll change it over.

Post by Rattfink333 on Sat 13 Apr - 21:55
Let throw out another question. Anyone got a good idea of what the symbol for senchal should be. For a banner. Twin moons maybe?

Post by pROvAK on Sat 13 Apr - 23:45
Twin moons, I like it. Either that or some other sort of lettering.
Paladin of Vaermina
Rattfink333
Outreach Moderator

Postby Rattfink333 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:50 pm

Ok, this one is now current.
Paladin of Vaermina
Rattfink333
Outreach Moderator

Postby Ryu Hayabusa » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:22 am

Damn, listen to my inexperienced self just a few months ago. I feel ashamed! :oops:
I don't post or visit the site much at the moment so don't hesitate to contact me at codyreece96@gmail.com for anything pertaining to this project such as data file updates, testing, work, etc. I will receive the mail. ^_^
Ryu Hayabusa
Outreach Moderator

Postby The Khan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:10 am

Will Senchal have sewers? Not sure if we've discussed this already but though I might bring it up. :P
The Khan

Postby Le Grimacier » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:51 pm

Senchal is a very old city, destructed and rebuilt many times. With the concentration of population and the recent transformation in resort, sewers should be needed. Or, as pragmatic they are, Khajiit could use underground ruins of the old city as sewers. And the player could even find remains of the Knahaten Flu.
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Postby Ryu Hayabusa » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:25 am

Le Grimacier wrote:Senchal is a very old city, destructed and rebuilt many times. With the concentration of population and the recent transformation in resort, sewers should be needed. Or, as pragmatic they are, Khajiit could use underground ruins of the old city as sewers. And the player could even find remains of the Knahaten Flu.
Oh, now that would be nice. I would vote for an evolved strain of the Knahaten Flu to be floating around down there. When I say evolved, I mean less lethal. Unless you want a lengthy cure quest like the good old Corprus disease, you need something less serious.
I don't post or visit the site much at the moment so don't hesitate to contact me at codyreece96@gmail.com for anything pertaining to this project such as data file updates, testing, work, etc. I will receive the mail. ^_^
Ryu Hayabusa
Outreach Moderator

Postby Le Grimacier » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:44 pm

Tribunal main quest has something similar when you free an ancient liche who spread the pest from Old Mournhold. But the opposite quest is quite possible: many Khajiit suffer from this disease. The doctor could send you in the 'Under-City' to find the origin of infection, collect samples to find a cure and shut the source of the Flu off. On the way, the player find infected monsters he can kill. If the player is infected (if he's not yet the Nerevarine, for example), he just has to see the doctor to be cured but after he finished the quest. So before this specific quest is done, the sewers could be dangerous for a player who has no resistance to disease. One question remain: What is spreading the disease? (It'll only appear when the quest is started)
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Postby pROvAK » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:15 pm

Also, lamp post. (lol http://archive3d.net/?a=download&id=07732531
Think it may fight although may need a retex. Kind of has the whole elder scrolls look anyway.
pROvAK
Outreach Administrator

Return to Public Discussion