Elder Scrolls Online Opinions

Elder Scrolls Online Opinions

Postby pROvAK » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:47 am

As the new ES:Online is coming out soon, What are your thoughts on the game? Good? Bad? Look too much like WoW?

I personally think it looks a little too cartoon like in the combat area, and character design. But I still look forward to it though, as I can not wait to trudge through the sands of Elsweyr and revisit Cyrodiil and Morrowind. The magic system especially appeals to me, as I like the Scorpion style chain pull. looks like it'd make combat a lot more diverse.
pROvAK
Outreach Administrator

Re: Elder Scrolls Online Opinions

Postby Le Grimacier » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:32 pm

It's a MMO so devs had to make it a little cartoon like so that it can run on older computers and with a lot of players and effects on screen, but I've seen some screenshots where it looks like Skyrim, especially in cities. And I think I see somewhere they planned to make HD textures because what we see is still placeholder for the beta. I like the way you can customize your character too. No more "everyone-look-like-a-movie-star"! I'm not playing MMO so I can't say about the system but from what I've seen, you can customize your gameplay like you want. The chain pull is cool too. I wonder if you can use it as a grappling hook to access some area too? Could be useful to a thief so he can attack from height or escape.
If I play it, Elsweyr will be obviously my first destination. It's the most ancient and the most mysterious province but I hope it won't be a generic fantasy place and will have the exoticism Morrowind had.
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Re: Elder Scrolls Online Opinions

Postby pROvAK » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:44 am

Agreed, Elsweyr Is my first stop, mainly for inspiration on this project, and also because I've always wanted to see it. I'd love to go dungeon crawling through whatever underground crevices they have.
pROvAK
Outreach Administrator

Return to Off-Topic Discussion