Lunar Elsweyr

Lunar Elsweyr

Postby Le Grimacier » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:41 pm

Because P:C decided to make its Cyrodiil tropical, we discussed on the old forum the use of the description of Elsweyr in "Return false" so our province mod could be a little original. It would be boring to find the same palm trees and the same kind of landscape. So we came with the Lunar Elsweyr. Everything in Elsweyr will be a reflection of the Moons.
So Pellitine, will have its landscape influenced by Jode (Masser,the big red moon, warrior aspect) when its people will be influenced by Jone (Secunda, the little grey one, thief aspect) and inversely for Anequina.
I already made some pinkish palm trees and red ferns but I found some images from a game that could be used as inspiration. The landscape is very alien and interesting, especially in the first picture (forget the spaceships!).

The game is No Man's Sky. Look at the first part of this video. Dinosaures and green sky are maybe a little to much but it could be cool to have something as "otherworldly" in Elsweyr.
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Re: Lunar Elsweyr

Postby Ryu Hayabusa » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:44 pm

Actually, the minute I saw my first tidbit of No Man's Sky I instantly envisioned Elsweyr as you have been describing it all this time. And to state the obvious, I really think the idea would take off pretty well as long as the player can still find some greenery, which I'm sure we'll manage. Even though we do not want to look the same as P:C, variety is the spice of life. Yours is one of the best and most entertaining interpretations of Elsweyr I have heard and I hope we can build upon it.
I don't post or visit the site much at the moment so don't hesitate to contact me at codyreece96@gmail.com for anything pertaining to this project such as data file updates, testing, work, etc. I will receive the mail. ^_^
Ryu Hayabusa
Outreach Moderator

Postby pROvAK » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:46 am

Haha, coincidental, I also thought how it reminded me of Grim's depiction of Elsweyr. I still think it's a fantastic idea putting it on lunar Elsweyr. Something new, noone will see it coming.
pROvAK
Outreach Administrator

Postby Le Grimacier » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:25 pm

I couldn't work a lot on models so instead I have been searching for strange-looking plants for Pellitine. I wanted some that could fit an alien tropical landscape.
I found Begonia with their nice design

Aloe Vera with its tentacle-shaped leaves

This one I don't even know what is it but I think it's cool

This one is a fake but I think the shape is interesting

And of course, the classical Corpse Flower

The Rafflesia

And we could have a giant version of the Venus Flytrap
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Return to Concept Art