Postby Le Grimacier » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:15 pm

On the old forum I suggested to make Khajiit avatars of the Divines, born under rare astronomical events. In books, Pelinal is supposed to have met and lost to Alkosh, aspect of the Dragon of Time, and said to be just "a big cat" so it's not unreasonable to think they really exist. That could explain why Khajiit don't make a difference between Daedras and Aedras because they acts in the same way: they can be reborn, even change sex and have amazing powers. It's just that Daedras are from the other side of the Ja-Kha'Jay.
I've tried to make Dibella, Goddess of Beauty and Pleasure, as a white kitten (for what is more beautiful than a white kitten? :D ) using Cait Sith's kittens. Going to her Temple, the player could learn that moons have announced her birth so he have to find her somewhere in Elsweyr and bring her back to "home" (or report to her followers). I also created a new flower which looks like the symbol of the Goddess. I think I will name it Dibella's Crown. I love the idea that what other races think as abstract become material for the Khajiit.

I'm not satisfied by just a regular white cat so I also tried to add marks to make her unique. I tried to give her colored stripes like a tiger but it didn't render well. Finally I just ended with a character who looks like coming from Okami.

I can't put her in game like this. If you have any idea, I'm interested.
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Re: Avatars of the Divines

Postby Ryu Hayabusa » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:48 pm

Keep the marking upon her head. The rest can go if need be, but a single regal marking on the top of the head can be all that's needed to set her apart. Besides, it could make her harder to find if we go with this idea.
I don't post or visit the site much at the moment so don't hesitate to contact me at codyreece96@gmail.com for anything pertaining to this project such as data file updates, testing, work, etc. I will receive the mail. ^_^
Ryu Hayabusa
Outreach Moderator

Re: Avatars of the Divines

Postby Le Grimacier » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:19 pm

What about this?

It looks like some makeup and a stylized flower. It have a very Indian/Arabian vibe.
Anyways, we'll need statues of her adult form too to decorate her house. Don't forget all Khajiit look like that (colors and stripes excepted) when they are born. They change latter when growing old.
Dibella could look like that

when she become older.

We'll have also to discuss about where are their houses/temples. There are 8 cities (including Alabaster) so each could have its own.
Alkosh could be in Torval, it's the capital after all!
Kenarthi should be in Anequina, because she is worshiped there as a wild and warrior-like deity. Maybe Orcrest?
Mara should be in Pellitine. She is worshiped in lore as an aspect of the fertile forest.
I see S'rendarr acting as a knightly beggar like in asian tales. Being the "Runt", he could look like Puss in boots from Shrek or this
but with rags instead of armor. And he could be the head of a faction composed of beggars and priests. I think it fits the God of Mercy very well.
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Return to Concept Art