Some CA

Some CA

Postby Rajhin » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:20 am

I'll just post here what ever I will draw.

Here's a short sword or a dagger I took from Caucasus mountain culture.
The form is believed to be borrowed from Romans, so I think it fits the lore in a way as a borrowed imperial legionnaire sword.
In Russian it's called literally "dagger", but it doesn't fit the dagger calibre in-game so it's probably a short-sword mechanically wise.
It is not ceremonial.
"The favorite weapon of the Caucasus region, almost universally carried, is the kindjal. A Djigit (a man, warrior) had to wear a kindjal and know how to use it. It was adopted by Russian Cossacks and became a traditional and famous part of their arsenal."
It is culturally middle-eastern (and muslim) weapon and should fit Elsweyr exotic-wise.

I have no idea which format do I need to draw non-scenic things in so I chose plain outline since it's easy to use for modeling. Tell me if I should do it some other way.
Will do Empire imported weapon next.
Attachments
EWswordr.jpg
Rajhin

Re: Some CA

Postby pROvAK » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:35 am

Looks good. Reminds of the imperial sword, so It definitely has the Elder Scrolls feel. Keep up the good work, these will prove to be quite useful.
pROvAK
Outreach Administrator

Re: Some CA

Postby Le Grimacier » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:16 pm

Cool! According to lore, Khajiit prefer more curved blades but, like pROvAK said, it could make a perfect "khajiiti imperial short sword". It could be as if the Legion has to have Khajiit stuff (because their was stolen?)
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Return to Concept Art