The Elder Scrolls Online Inspiration

The Elder Scrolls Online Inspiration

Postby Le Grimacier » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:13 pm

TESO is starting to show pictures of Elsweyr. I've extracted images from the videos. Not much about Khajiit themselves (some say there won't be the different breed of Khajjit, only Suthay-raht :x ) but mainly about architecture.
Because of the sequel of the Knahaten Flu, it is said that Senchal won't be accessible at first so the player will have to explore Khenarti's Nest, an island in southern Tamriel.
Houses are Thailand-inspired.
Calishan made this kind of fireflies for Morrowind.
Individual houses look like bungalows! The Khajiit has a sweet life! :lol:
The same place from different angles. Look at the far right in the last image. Do you see the ship with a dragon head? Nord? Akaviri?
Temples in the forest. Old but well maintained.
Temple interior. This sort of huge interiors are useless for a single player game but could give good ideas.
Forests of Pellitine. Water is digging the ground and is making cliffs and canyons. Obviously, they don't use the Lunar Elsweyr concept. it's just a plain rain forest.
Remember the feathered people we talked about? This is TESO version. It seems Khajjit are not the only intelligent beastfolk who evolved from elves. Somehow, that makes sense. First elves didn't have a fixed form.
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Inspiration

Postby Le Grimacier » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:09 pm

Double post!
Didn't have inspiration for the Senchal set so I've tried to recreate some of the models from TESO. It's just a very early WIP. I still have to tweak textures and models aren't optimized.
And the same picture with MGE-XE disabled (vanilla Morrowind ).
You can see I've also used some new plants in the screenshots. Available soon.
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Postby Rattfink333 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:31 pm

Looks awesome!
Paladin of Vaermina
Rattfink333
Outreach Moderator

Postby Ryu Hayabusa » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:38 am

Delicious. Makes you realize just how essential MGEXE really is. :lol:

But really, I could see that fitting in somewhere. It just looks like it fits!

Btw, in the first temple pic, that looks like a beast person from Morrowind if you ask me.
I don't post or visit the site much at the moment so don't hesitate to contact me at codyreece96@gmail.com for anything pertaining to this project such as data file updates, testing, work, etc. I will receive the mail. ^_^
Ryu Hayabusa
Outreach Moderator

Postby Le Grimacier » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:54 pm

Still playing with TESO models, but still a lot of work to do. I've just started to make temples but it's hard to recreate something from pixelated pictures and I suck in doing textures.
However, I've just found my new wallpaper! ;)
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Postby SGMonkey » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:18 pm

Looks pretty bad ass to me. They all your models? Or Resources?
SGMonkey
Site Admin

Postby Le Grimacier » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:22 pm

Palms and flora are free resources modified and converted to Morrowind by myself. I've made buildings from scratch from the pics in the first post.
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Postby Le Grimacier » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:17 pm

Reply to myself :D
I've found a nice screenshot from TESO on Tamriel Foundry. Look like it could be somewhere in Elsweyr.

Look like it could be a sort of pirate fortress made of shipwrecks. Outreach is not far from the truth: We had rum and now pirates!

I'm still working on my TESO inspired models but I found a lot of bugs that were not visible at the distance and had to redo some of them. And I suck at doing texture. I using only a few textures again and again (and again and again) and I do most UVmapping randomly. It could look good as it is but don't hope to be the same with a replacer (I mean when someone will do god textures) ;) .
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Postby Ryu Hayabusa » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:34 am

Now, if that is in Elsweyr, and I hope it is, I would have a braingasm seeing it in Morrowind.
I don't post or visit the site much at the moment so don't hesitate to contact me at codyreece96@gmail.com for anything pertaining to this project such as data file updates, testing, work, etc. I will receive the mail. ^_^
Ryu Hayabusa
Outreach Moderator

Postby Le Grimacier » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:38 pm

Elderscrollsonline.com has released an interactive map where you can discover more about Tamriel.
>>LINK<<
There is only informations about Reaper's March (a part of Valenwood and surroundings of Dune) and Khenarti's Roost (with a new city named Mistral) for Elsweyr. Other part of the province will probably released later. Not much new lore but you can still learn that Khajiit are trading with Maormer from years!
And this is some new pictures for you:

There is a lot of inspiration for models here!

Instead of starting by Senchal, maybe we should start by Khenarti's Roost too. This area is much more documented than the rest of the mainland and an island is easier to do. And according to the map, the island don't seem much bigger than what we have planned.
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Postby Ryu Hayabusa » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:40 am

Perhaps that would be a good idea. It would serve the same purpose as Stirk. It is its own landmass, AND it contains a little bit of everything.
Ryu Hayabusa
Outreach Moderator

Postby Le Grimacier » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:55 pm

Compilation of hairs and heads from TESO. The last head of the first pic is a little blurred because I had to extract it from a video and it was the only moment you can see it. Unlike the other races, it's difficult to make the difference between males and females. And I suspect most are in fact males characters.

I'm a little bit disappointed. They look more like lions than cats but you can still see a lot of variation and we don't know all of them.

Now, we have examples to make our own models for Morrowind.
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Postby Le Grimacier » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:36 pm

Just for teasing you...
Skyrim Tropical mod gave me the idea to convert bear to panda.

Khajiiti bungalows. Windows not yet included. Bridge in background is still unfinished.

I'm still fighting with the temple models, converting dimensions from a fancy MMO to a more realistic-sized singleplayer game and trying to banish mysterious graphic glitches.
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Postby pROvAK » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:30 am

I like it, these look really good. And you are converting TESO models, correct?
pROvAK
Outreach Administrator

Postby Le Grimacier » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:42 pm

I'm making models and textures from scratch from the pictures above. Not 100% accurate because I have to work from blurred pictures and because models are sized for a MMO and a different engine. For example, I can't make as detailed as the game (It's a pain to do most of the textures!) and I have to size down them a little.
Sadly, pictures of Elsweyr are rares and you can't see well with all the fog and the shadows. Comparatively, others provinces are much more shown. I'm eagerly waiting for TESO to be released so I could have a better look to them.
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Postby pROvAK » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:20 am

Do you want a beta key? I happen to have a spare on hand.
pROvAK
Outreach Administrator

Postby Le Grimacier » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:54 am

Thank you but I have a crappy Internet connection because I'm at the end of a line. I already tried to join a MMO but it was unplayable. I was often disconnected because my network is not regular enough.
And I still have plenty of work to do, not only with architecture. I can wait until it's released.
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Postby pROvAK » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:09 am

yeah, it ended yesterday anyway. game wasn't that great, but it's architecture seemed very Elder Scrolls like.
pROvAK
Outreach Administrator

Postby Le Grimacier » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:31 pm

*Wish and it'll come true*

Bethesda lift the Non Disclosure Agreement this week so I have now plenty of screenshots and videos of gameplay as reference.Yeah! From what I could see architecture is cool and ruins are varied. In comparison, my models are really crappy and I have to make more detailed textures to compensate for the lack of relief. However, landscape seems pretty barren and non-original.
And WTF? Alits in Elsweyr? Aren't they specific to Morrowind? I think I even saw a little guar! :x I remember I read somewhere Morrowind has unique species because it was separated from the rest of Tamriel by the Velothi Mountains and Elsweyr is at the opposite of the continent!
Talking about Morrowind, it happened as I feared: I read that you only find Indoril architecture for Dunmers. :o That means one set of architecture for the whole province. I understand it because the game would be too big but for our mod, we'll have to create new sets for the different groups of Khajiit. But I don't think someone will complain about breaking the lore about this.

Someone on the official forum pointed to ESOHead.com. You could find all books, quests and map from the game. Found something to read this week...
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Postby pROvAK » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:57 pm

that's good news, we have lots more to work off of. I will warn you though, from what I played of the beta, it is NOT lore friendly. there are many things going against Bethesda's canon. Disheartening, really.
pROvAK
Outreach Administrator

Next

Return to Concept Art