The Elder Scrolls Online Inspiration

Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Inspiration

Postby pROvAK » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:16 pm

Good to hear. Hopefully your progress gets everyone active again. i'd love to see this place lit up like it was :D
pROvAK
Outreach Administrator

Postby Le Grimacier » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:02 pm

UPDATE TIME!

This time, progress is on Khajiit house (doors not included). I'm much better with textures and I'm quite happy with the result. The model looks a lot like the one from TESO and blend nicely with the style of Morrowind (but with better textures of course). And windows are glowing in the dark! I just have to add proper collision and this model will be finished!
At first, I used a common house from Morrowind as a base for size but I realized I have to scale it up a bit using Nifscope so the Khajiit won't hurt his head on the door frame and fall from the balcony! :lol: It's the problem with arched doors, for the same size they look smaller.
Models on blender are not resized before export so I can snap them to the grid and it helps me to keep proportions compared to the vanilla game. So, when I will release them, if you find a model scaled down, it just I forgot to rescale it.

Another point is Khajiit architecture is much more elaborated than Dunmer architecture. Even after simplification and optimization, the file is quite big.
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Postby Le Grimacier » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:48 pm

The house finished, I easily made variations of it:

Just the "manors" and the warehouse left and I could work on the clutter (lightposts, gates, arch, steps, etc...). Later, I could also make burned version like in TESO.

I'm still working on the temple set too: I'm "ruining" the models and doing some blocks for foundations/platforms.
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Previous

Return to Concept Art