Dark Brotherhood

Dark Brotherhood

Postby Rattfink333 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:08 am

by pROvAK on Sat 14 Apr - 8:56
Well, it looks like we won't be shunning out the dark brotherhood.

According to my sources, Cornthe, in Elsweyr housed a dark brotherhood Sanctuary, up until 4E 188. The dark brotherhood of Elsweyr could lead to some very fancy quests, and maybe, even it could be joinable? I would love to turn around and look up at a rooftop to see a khajiit assassin is following me. This means new models and textures, dialouge, well, pretty much everything.

Post by The Khan on Sun 15 Apr - 0:03
It should be really hard to join and very secretive.

Post by pROvAK on Sun 15 Apr - 0:52
Yeah. Very, as khajiit will be more stealth based, so They will be well hidden.

Post by The Khan on Sun 15 Apr - 8:48
Maybe you would have to go down a 2 level sewer to get there?

Post by Rattfink333 on Sun 15 Apr - 9:33
I have already made a db tapestry and released it on pes. Am planning on making a door texture as well. Been talking with tonal architect on the officials about it.

Post by pROvAK on Sun 15 Apr - 11:30
Cool. Maybe we could use em' in here, if you would so allow.

Post by Rattfink333 on Sun 15 Apr - 12:20
my mods are free to use. some people get picky. but i'm not. besides i believe that having to make duplicates and load your game up because of 'mine' syndrome gets a little crazy. sometimes i understand it. most times not. but it is what we have to deal with.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Sun 15 Apr - 13:24
Thanks for the info on your stuff Rattfink. At least you aren't attached to your mods as if they were your blood pump.

Post by pROvAK on Thu 12 Jul - 0:16
Apparently the Dark Brotherhood actually has quite a large influence in Elsweyr, and is greatly feared amongst the population. This could lead to some great quests involving the royalty of Elsweyr...And some actual scenic changes. Can that be done in Morrowind? Lets say, you start a quest, there is a building. Then that building burns down, and the model changes to a burnt pile of rubble. Can the CS do that?

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Thu 12 Jul - 1:27
Yes.

Post by The Khan on Thu 12 Jul - 2:26
I saw a mod that made it so that the further you progressed along the main quest than Dunmer graffiti would appear on buildings and shrines in the cities.

Post by Le Grimacier on Sat 14 Jul - 9:27
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6e3cd ... videogames

Post by pROvAK on Mon 16 Jul - 9:33
That is amazing. Who did that? Can we bring it into outreach? Will I ever stop asking questions?

Post by Le Grimacier on Mon 16 Jul - 11:19
This is a french mod: l'Archipel de Pertevue.
http://morromods.wiwiland.net/spip.php?article1024
We could do something similar with a lot of scripting. In the video he used different meshes for each step of ignition but we could also use the physic engine in Blender to render the effect of building collapse with an activator.
He used this effect in this video:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2g0ol ... videogames

Post by Rattfink333 on Mon 16 Jul - 20:37
GOOD GODS!!! That was amazing!

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Thu 2 Aug - 16:59
I would simply love to have many animations and awesome scenes to spice things up and reward the player.

I can just imagine an explosion ringing out from an untrained mage's house only to have it burn down and spread to a couple of other houses...Ahem...

Do we want to include beast boots and hoods for the Dark Brotherhood in Elsweyr? It'd make sense.

Post by Le Grimacier on Fri 3 Aug - 10:41
Epic animations like this should be reserved to the main quest. It's a big file and it'll increase the size of the final archive.

There are Khajiits who are not beasts (and the player too) so it will be weird if they don't have a complete set of armor (a light armor, of course). Instead a hood I suggest a turban. Hoods are too classical.
When I think about Elsweyr Dark Brotherhood I think about this guy :D

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Fri 3 Aug - 19:31
Y'know, I think that picture gave me an idea. Maybe clothes sort of like that, with hidden leather armor underneath showing in some places could be a good starting idea for the standard Dark Brotherhood armor set.

Post by pROvAK on Mon 11 Feb - 19:53
What kind of weapons would the dark brotherhood use? Would they follow previous titles as ebony?

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Tue 12 Feb - 13:51
Ebony was always perfect. Dark blades for a Dark Brotherhood.
Paladin of Vaermina
Rattfink333
Outreach Moderator

Re: Dark Brotherhood

Postby Rattfink333 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:22 am

Post by Le Grimacier on Tue 12 Feb - 15:18
Ebony is rare outside Morrowind. Weapons made from this material have to be expensive and only high-ranked of the Brotherhood should have one.
I think about curved short blades. It could be perfect for "cut-throating".

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Wed 6 Mar - 21:54
Double edged for coming up from behind.

Post by Rattfink333 on Thu 7 Mar - 8:15
If we make the local leader a khajiit, He/she could be known for ripping people thoats out with his or her claws. Four slits and a hole in the jugular

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Fri 8 Mar - 3:47
Now that's classic.

Post by Le Grimacier on Fri 8 Mar - 10:51
It's another kind of hand mark for the Dark Brotherhood...

Post by Rattfink333 on Wed 24 Apr - 19:44
HAIL SITHIS! sorry, needed to get that out of my system.

definately need the brotherhood to be a force to reckon wiith. None of the we are on our last legs stuff like oblivion and skyrim portrayed. And more than one sanctuary.
also they could have one of the fighting temples as a training ground. But not obvious to outsiders.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Thu 25 Apr - 3:48
Well, of course, I would never allow for a weak dark brotherhood in Elsweyr. It gets old redeeming a sorry guild each game. Heck, they must have been doing good in Morrowind's time or else Old Mournhold would not have been so dangerous.

Post by Le Grimacier on Sat 27 Apr - 11:24
From the lore there is only one sanctuary in Corinthe, but, even if it's hidden somewhere in, under or near the city, it is sufficiently well-established to be know from outside the province. And Elsweyr is a country always in war so I think you could easily find like a little army of assassins to hire in their sanctuary.
Khajiit are pragmatics. The Dark Brotherhood in Elsweyr should be more like a business than a cult but not to the point of having a shop!

Post by pROvAK on Sun 5 May - 18:24
I think it would be better to have the brotherhood in the city; not under it. That idea has gotten old with each elder scrolls game.

Post by Le Grimacier on Mon 13 May - 12:18
The Elsweyr Dark Brotherhood could make use of the Khajiit abilities and have a look more ninja-like than the others. They could use throwing weapons and illusions spells. Their sanctuary could be like a ninja fortress: look like a regular building but have hidden doors, sliding walls and secret rooms.
Everybody know where the sanctuary is but nobody know it's the sanctuary.
You could also imagine that there is assassins in disguise. When you are send in mission, you can contact some "hidden brother" to obtain stuff, information or help.

Post by Rattfink333 on Mon 13 May - 18:53
Sure. everybody in the building is a brotherhood agent. Just not dressed or portraying the part to the public. That is kinda why i suggested one of the fighting temples. It's the perfect front.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Tue 14 May - 6:02
I second the idea of having NPC's who seem generic until you join the dark brotherhood. Perhaps an unlikely brother in torval has recently seen your mark...

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Thu 16 May - 8:56
So, how about a different approach to finding your mark as I said above? Perhaps you have to ask around town or even Elsweyr itself just to narrow down a location? (Here and there, just to break the uniform "go kill easily found mark, get paid" routine.) The Dark Brotherhood may be powerful and smart, but not every mark can easily be found before the contract is given.

Post by Rattfink333 on Thu 16 May - 10:35
Or a mark may know they are in deep and have gone to ground.

Being thrown in as second to a botched kill. And having the mark know the brotherhood is out for them. And have taken measures would be novel.

Post by Le Grimacier on Thu 16 May - 12:07
I meant NPC outside the sanctuary could be assassins in disguise.
Remember the first Assassin's creed? You have to find informations about the target by contacting other members.

Post by Rattfink333 on Thu 16 May - 13:11
And maybe even a few guards. Not a bad posting for an assassin in disguise.

Post by Ryu Hayabusa on Thu 16 May - 14:51
My idea+Rattfink's+Grim's=epic and new Dark Brotherhood.
:D

Post by Le Grimacier on Fri 17 May - 11:54
At least I hope they won't finish all dead at the end of the quest... Wink

Post by Rattfink333 on Fri 17 May - 19:15
Nah, That's been done WAY too much.

Post by Le Grimacier on Sat 18 May - 11:53
We could also do the opposite. The Dark Brotherhood is near annihilated and only the master and some of his assassins remains. Others have fled or are hidden (that why you can find disguised assassins). You could even do a story about how they became like this and that explain why the psychotic bloody-handed khajiit is the chief (could be a bad thing as a good one).
You could also have targets who affect the activities of the guild. That could be optional side quests and when you progress you obtain new services, new members, the building is restored, etc...
As for Sithis, it's just an image used to convince and federate members. More a business logo than a cult. And to be coherent with the godly background, as the final reward, or in a quest unlocked after you become the new head, you could obtain the Mask of Sithis (which will fit the DB uniform) so the player, as the grand master, will become an avatar of Sithis.
Paladin of Vaermina
Rattfink333
Outreach Moderator

Postby Le Grimacier » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:09 pm

Find an interesting pic of a DB Khajiit assassin.
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Postby Ryu Hayabusa » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:47 pm

Well, it does seem unique. At least it isn't all black leather.
I don't post or visit the site much at the moment so don't hesitate to contact me at codyreece96@gmail.com for anything pertaining to this project such as data file updates, testing, work, etc. I will receive the mail. ^_^
Ryu Hayabusa
Outreach Moderator

Postby Rattfink333 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:28 pm

Looks cool as all get out. Dunno if we can pull off the facemask with beast races, but i think we should try.
Paladin of Vaermina
Rattfink333
Outreach Moderator

Postby Ryu Hayabusa » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:26 am

Rattfink333 wrote:Looks cool as all get out. Dunno if we can pull off the facemask with beast races, but i think we should try.

It should only be a matter of having a humanoid and a beast version, including a little "something" to keep the wrong race from wearing the wrong version. ;)
I don't post or visit the site much at the moment so don't hesitate to contact me at codyreece96@gmail.com for anything pertaining to this project such as data file updates, testing, work, etc. I will receive the mail. ^_^
Ryu Hayabusa
Outreach Moderator

Postby Le Grimacier » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:33 pm

I don't think it's possible to detect if it's a beast race or not and it won't work with custom races. Maybe you could have a clipping mesh so it fits a human head and give the illusion of a normal mask for beast races, but it will probably look a little thick on a human face.
Another solution is to make a Khajiit with an unique head with the mask. But the player couldn't loot it from his dead body.
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Postby Ryu Hayabusa » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Well, if it looks thick on a human face, that could just be due to the extra fabric! :lol:
I have seen people restrict apparel to only Khajiit, but as you said, custom races are a problem when it comes to this.
Ryu Hayabusa
Outreach Moderator

Return to Quests and Dialogue