Criminal faction

Criminal faction

Postby Le Grimacier » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:49 pm

Ya'Tirrje is an important criminal of Elsweyr and we know he's still alive and active during Oblivion's events because of the PGE 3rd Edition. The player could be involved in the battle between his group and the Imperial Legion. We know in Oblivion he's known as the Gold Cat but what if he's not yet in Morrowind? The plot could be that Ya'Tirrje is trying to expand his influence inside and outside Elsweyr, becoming the Gold Cat, the Crime Lord of Elsweyr. His activities will be moonshining, smuggling, prostitution, kidnapping, ransom, games, etc... You're warned: he's not a good guy.
If the player join him and succeeds the quest, Ya'Tirrje will have made the first steps to possess a network all over Tamriel and flood the market with his skooma: he'll have bribed officials, spies, no more concurrent alive, a production line of skooma, speakeasies (or skooma dens), ships and caravans, etc...
On the contrary, if the player side with the Legion, he'll join a special unit of Untouchables who'll try to stop him as he's becoming more influent. You'll have to find bribed official, spies, protect witnesses, destroy production lines, raid speakeasies and skooma dens and intercept ships and caravans. At the end of the quest, Ya'Tirrje will still be the Drug Lord of Elsweyr but he failed to expand outside the province... for the time being.
Whatever side the player will chose, the lore will be respected.

I see Ya'Tirrje as a mix between Pablo Escobar and Al Capone. But to show that he's a dangerous criminal not to be underestimated, I would like to make him a Senche so if he's upset he can tear you apart. Once he became rich, I think he could behave like Jabba the Hut. I don't mean to gain weight and act like a giant slug but to lay on a platform with semi-naked women and servitors. :lol:
Spoiler: show
[REPLACE THE UGLY MONSTER BY A GIANT TIGER AND ALL OTHERS CHARACTERS BY A KHAJIIT EQUIVALENT.
YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN? ;) IT COULD BE AN EASTER EGG!
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Re: Criminal faction

Postby pROvAK » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:18 pm

Yeah, I can see that. people would get a kick out of that. Now someone just needs to do the animations....
pROvAK
Outreach Administrator

Postby Ryu Hayabusa » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:21 am

That's a very good and well thought out plot. I like it.
What would be really neat would be to have a few concurrent quests. Say you join the Legion and you happen to be ambushed by a dispatch of Ya'Tirrje's group while looking for their secret entrance to an area, if you join Ya'Tirrje, you might instead prepare to ambush the Legion unit moving through the area in order to keep the entrance secret. A couple of concurrent quests like this would really ring a bell to the player on alternate play-throughs. Not to mention that it increases playability for the player.

Now, the above situation is unlikely to happen for this particular quest-line, but it gets the idea across, eh?

All we need to do is keep it from being generic and boring, as Skyrim's Civil War was. :lol:
I don't post or visit the site much at the moment so don't hesitate to contact me at codyreece96@gmail.com for anything pertaining to this project such as data file updates, testing, work, etc. I will receive the mail. ^_^
Ryu Hayabusa
Outreach Moderator

Postby Le Grimacier » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:58 pm

It's not impossible if the player can't join the two factions in the same game or if he's expelled from one when he reaches a specific rank or fulfill a specific mission in the other (his affiliation is now known so he can't be a double agent anymore). I'd like to see this kind of quest because you can see what either side is doing for the same event. It make the game alive because it gives the felling that the player takes part to the events and he's not the center of the world.
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Postby Ryu Hayabusa » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:56 am

That's what I was hoping for! :D
I don't post or visit the site much at the moment so don't hesitate to contact me at codyreece96@gmail.com for anything pertaining to this project such as data file updates, testing, work, etc. I will receive the mail. ^_^
Ryu Hayabusa
Outreach Moderator

Return to Quests and Dialogue