Vampire faction(s)

Vampire faction(s)

Postby Le Grimacier » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:06 pm

Nothing is known about Khajiit vampires. Is it because there are already so many dangerous beasts in Elsweyr that nobody seems to know them? Or is it because nobody survived them? And do they exist anyway?
In Morrowind you had three clans oriented warrior/thief/mage. In Cyrodiil, vampires were hidden amongst the people so you couldn't spot them immediately and they could scheme quietly. In Skyrim (Dawnguard), they are bat-like bloodthirsty mutants with invisibility magic and necromancy. (In lore they are said to be able to pass through the ice to catch their prey)
What could be the specificity of Khajiit vampires, their powers, their history? Are they hated? Hunted? Is their existence recognized? Are they really stronger than a regular Khajiit who have to struggle day-to-day to survive in the harsh conditions of Elsweyr and whose body and mind are "sharpened" by the Lunar Lattice?
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Re: Vampire faction(s)

Postby pROvAK » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:42 am

Before we get on discussion of this, is there really nothing in the lore at all? Because that means we have creative freedom here, which would be great.
pROvAK
Outreach Administrator

Postby Ryu Hayabusa » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:28 am

pROvAK wrote:Before we get on discussion of this, is there really nothing in the lore at all? Because that means we have creative freedom here, which would be great.

Well, he said nothing is known. Having researched them myself, I would have to conclude there is a lot of creative freedom here. However, in all games the Khajiit vampires are basically the same as others. Even so, none took place in Elsweyr.
I would think their connection to the lunar lattice would be thrown off for one, and another thing: they may not even be known as vampires in Elsweyr. Perhaps they have some different title. As an example, a known vampire could be referred to as a shadow cat or some such other name. Khajiit may believe that feline vampires were born of a Bloodmoon litter long ago, or that the gods simply had a warped creation not mentioned in previous texts. Khajiit vampire lore could be discovered during a series of quests the player encounters during their travels in Elsweyr, or it could be a freeform adventure with hidden texts strewn deep in ancient structures. Or, if you prefer to keep with the whole theme of Elsweyr having many stories that never breach the borders, Khajiit vampires could be well known within the province, and the player could just hear about them occasionally.

Of course, there are other ideas sure to come from you guys. :D
I don't post or visit the site much at the moment so don't hesitate to contact me at codyreece96@gmail.com for anything pertaining to this project such as data file updates, testing, work, etc. I will receive the mail. ^_^
Ryu Hayabusa
Outreach Moderator

Postby pROvAK » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:11 am

I think the questline should have a buildup, from some inconclusive murders, and confused guards and such, to being thought that beasts were killing these people, only to have it reveal to be Vampires. With all the freedom we have here, we can really do whatever, and IMO we should play this big. Not as big as something like the Thieves Guild, though, but more than the Vampires were made out to be in Oblivion and Skyrim. (Not counting Dawnguard)
pROvAK
Outreach Administrator

Postby Le Grimacier » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:10 pm

In Morrowind, khajiit vampires are not representatives because they are "morrowindified" vampires. They belong to one of the three vampire clans of Morrowind so they adopt their attributes. Elsweyr's ones could be totally different.

The problem with open worlds is... it's an open world. Players will spoil the quest if they find vampires before it starts. I like what Ruy wrote: Khajiit know them but they don't talk about and the player will find clues about them spread across Elsweyr. And not necessarily linked with a quest, just for the lore and the background. The other way to learn it is to meet them. I like the idea that vampirism twist their relation with the moons so all vampires look alike.

BEWARE THE BATCAT!
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Return to Quests and Dialogue