The Dro-M'Athra, Namira and the Darkness

The Dro-M'Athra, Namira and the Darkness

Postby Le Grimacier » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:51 pm

The Imperial Library has uploaded books from TESO so I can have a better knowledge of their lore. Yeah! More stuff to read! :geek:
Concerning the Dro-M'Athra, the Dark Spirit of Elsweyr, what we knew was from the PGE 1rst:
Similar findings have revealed that the Dro-M'Athra, or dark spirits of Elsweyr, which correspond to the inverse phases of Masser and Secunda, to be aspects of the more universal Daedric powers.

From TESO we have now:
Litter-mates of Darkness
They are in fact much more interesting than I thought. According to this, Dro-M'Athra are Khajiit who die by failing their part of the Ja-Kha'Jay. Namira take them in the "Dark behind the World" to serve the Heart of Lhorkaj for a time (so they become a sort of Daedras).
And when a Dro-M'Athra meet a "true cat", he try to corrupt him by dragging him away from the Moonlight.

What is interesting is the Khajiit are the only ones to have an equivalent of Hell. Any other race of Tamriel has to sell its soul to a daedric power to finish in his realm after its death, but Khajiit don't have the choice: they fail, they go there. But only "until their tails are straight" so I can imagine they have a chance to be saved (they can stop to be Daedras? :o ). And I wonder if other Daedric Princes (Azurah and Namira excepted) can claim a Khajiit soul?
it also interesting to note that it is question of "the tide of the Darkness" and "the tide of the Lights". It seems the two are entwined and necessary and the Dro-M'Athra act in fact as a sort of "secret agent on the other side of the Ja-Kha'Jay", their "Bent Dance" following the beating of the Heart of Lhorkaj. But if they really are useful on the "other side", they still represent a threat on this side.

This give me interesting ideas. if the Dro-M'Athra follow the heart, what will happen to them when the Nerevarine will free it? We could modify/add quests depending of the completion of the main quest of Morrowind. The player could also visit some places in the realm of Namira as it could be linked with the Khajiit in some way.
Le Grimacier
Outreach Moderator

Return to Lore & Literature